Monday 27 April 2015

Top Travel Tips

Hey Guys,

I am lucky enough to get to travel a lot with my family and on school trips, so despite my ripe old age of 14 I would consider myself somewhat qualified to give advice on travel.  Over the last 14 years my travel experiences have been varied and I’ve learnt a thing or two.  So today I would like to share my advice with you.

Tip Number One: Be concise
Yes you want to take 7 dresses, 3 pairs of jeans, 10 shirts, 4 swimsuits and Tasmania in your suitcase, but is that necessarily practical? No, it’s not.  The best advice I can give you is to limit yourself in regards to what you take.  For example, 2 dresses, a pair of jeans, 3/4 shorts and 2 swimsuits.  We can leave out Tasmania.  This way you’ll have everything you need but your suitcase won’t explode.

Tip Number Two: Plan Ahead.
If you know you want to take a particular clothing item away with you, don’t wear it in the days leading up to the trip.  If you do you may find it’s in the wash and you don’t get to take it, or you’ll end up traveling with scrunched up, worn clothing.  Neither is a good option.

Tip Number Three: Triple Check Everything
This one is relatively self-explanatory but just remember; you do not want to be the person that goes to somewhere like Hawaii and forgets their swimsuit and camera..

Tip Number Four:  Journalling
While this doesn’t necessarily involve the actual traveling procedure I think it’s really important to take photos and keep a journal of your trip away so that you have something to look back on in the future.

Tip Number Five: A Travel Wallet
If you are traveling by air I would seriously recommend a travel wallet.  These are super helpful for inexperienced or nervous travellers as they keep you organised and they have section have for money, your passport, your cards and your boarding pass.

Tip Number Six: Have Fun
Sure it may be slightly stressful but remember, you are going on holiday to have fun so relax and try to have as much fun as possible!

Bonne Vacances

Georgia Rose
xxx

Stalk Me
Blog: Being-georgia-rose.blogspot.com
Pintrest: Beinggeorgiarose
Youtube: Beinggeorgiarose

Instagram: Beinggeorgiaroseblog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a really good post, I am going overseas soon and this post has helped me lots so thanks!!

Danielle Richardson said...

Two thumbs up for a young traveler who's giving her tips to her readers! Those tips are certainly what a traveler needed to keep in mind. They are all very helpful, but for me, "planning ahead" is the best advice to offer. Since your goal is solely to have fun once you get to your destination, then an advanced hotel reservations and budgeting is in order. Thanks for sharing those tips based on your experience, Georgia Rose!

Danielle Richardson @ The Hoste