Thursday 21 January 2016

What's in my Carry On Bag

Hey guys.

So I’ve recently got back from my trip to North America which was amazing!  I’m pre-writing this post to share with you guys on my flight home.  I’m currently somewhere over wither Washington state or Oregon, I can’t be 100% sure.  My traveling made me want to write a travel post to share with you all.

In this post I’ll be showing you my carry on essentials for long plane trips, so if you have any travel coming up, I’d encourage you to keep reading.


The bag I use for long plane flights can vary but on this trip I’ve used my navy longchamp look-a-like bag.  It’s one of the biggest handbags I own and it fits everything I’m about to show you.  For reference if you’re thinking of buying one it’s the middle size.



I keep a G scrabble piece key chain on this bag to help me identify as mine because navy lonchamp bags are quite common.  This key chain was a present I got for my 14th birthday and I think it’s great.


My phone is undoubtedly the number one essential for me when I’m flying because it has all my music.  My bag has one small pocket with a zipper and my phone stays in there with a couple of spare hair elastics.


I also take my computer with me for long flights.  If I was on a short flight I would just check  it in inside my suitcase but for long flights it can be good to have in my carry on. 


I also like to have some work to do while I’m on the plane or in the airport lounge/terminal so I have my personal project folder with me.


The next thing that I keep in my carry on is my planner.  I featured this in my “What I got for Christmas” post so some of you will have already seen it.  Having this with me is really helpful, but I also find that the plane or airport lounge is a good opportunity to update my planner with what I have coming up.


I always have my beats in my carry on because listening to music on a flight is a great way to relax.  Additionally, you can use beats in the headphone socket on lots of international/long-haul flights.


My glasses and sunglasses come on the plane with me whenever I travel.  I have them share a case though because I’ll always be wearing one pair.  My prescription glasses are form Jac + Jack and my sunglasses were bought at Boeing while I was in Seattle, they are the aviator style with blue tinted frames.  I LOVE THEM!


My wallet always comes with me when I fly.  I’ve had my current wallet for a while now.  I got it from Sportsgirl and I love the stripy pattern.  It’s a great size and really practical.


Having a book is a bit of no brainer to me.  The book I’m reading currently is The Lost Tudor Princess by Alison Weir.  On the way over it was a different book, Innocent Traitor, also by Alison Weir (she’s great!)  


I then have these two Jack Spade Travel Toiletries bags that I keep in my carry on.  One has travel toiletries in it and in the other I keep electronics chargers and my SD card so I can upload photos to my computer for my blog without having to travel with my whole camera in my carry on.



The final thing in my Longchamp carry on, is my pencil case that has all my stationery in it.  My pencil case is from Kikki K and the special pens I have are all by Acme, as are the ink cartridges that I have with me.  I would usually have a pair of scissors in any pencil case of mine but, as many of you would know, scissors can not be carried onto the plane so I always check a pair of scissors on in my suitcase.


I hope this post has helped some of you get organised for a holiday you have coming up, or just made you more excited for travelling.

Make sure to join or follow my blog for a heads up for when I post.

PS: I just uploaded a what's in my travel bag video to my Youtube Channel so make sure you check that out and subscribe while you're at it:


Thanks for reading,
Georgia Rose

xxx

No comments: